Old August 1st 03, 09:32 PM
Bill

I think it all boils down to signal to noise.
If you are trying to communicate with another station and he is putting out
100 watts and is not being copied and then he puts out 110 watts and you can
copy him that is what counts.

Bill N4WC

wrote:
Given that a 1dB change is NOT SUSPOSED to be noticed (without a meter, in
hearing, sight, ect. ), anyhow, Just what would be the Noticeable effect of

/ = .1 dB in the real world ? Would , say, 2/10's really kill you, or

1/100th dB extra get you that last DXCC country? As I say, am very cynical
when ANYTHING gets into these kinds of numbers! Jim NN7K

KB7QHC wrote:
50:12.5 Ohm with an insertion loss of around 0.1dB or less over the
interval of 100KHz to 30MHz.
AND THAT IS NOT THE BEST EXAMPLE OF LOW LOSS!
73's Richard Clark, KB7QHC