Old April 29th 04, 06:39 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Steve Robeson K4CAP wrote:
Subject: Morse and Contests
From: "Dee D. Flint"
Date: 4/27/2004 8:55 PM Central Standard Time

I've tried running a frequency on SSB contests but just don't get enough
takers to make it worthwhile so I finally end up doing the "search and
pounce". I'm not good enough yet to run a frequency on CW so by

necessity
do "search and pounce" when operating in this mode.

I had a lot more fun just setting a "personal goal" and working

towards
that when I get into a contest. I set out to get a "Clean Sweep" a few

yeas
ago and did it...with less than 150 Q's on each mode!

My goal is to try to up my personal best each time I revisit the same
contest. Two years in a row now, I have missed getting all 67 counties
in the PAQSO by *one* county. That is my biggest goal this year. Second
goal is to be first from PA in the New England QSO party. I've been
stuck at third for the last two years. I did a lot better last year than
the year before, but so have the people I'm competing with.

I'm wondering how many S-units will be added to my 100 watt mobile

signal
if it's "/VO1" in the next Sweepstakes...?!?!

You gonna be pop-u-lar! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

I would rather see him sign from the Yukon myself. Much rarer.

Dan/W4NTI