Old February 15th 04, 11:06 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:50:59 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

Understood.

Kewel.

What do you think about the antenna on ebay? I've not yet had anyone say
what they think it is, which I'm finding curious. The seller does not know
what it is depite the description, because I've talked to him. He just put
it down as an FM antenna, but I have my doubts. But if it is not, maybe I
could modify. What does it look like to you, a scanner antenna, a CB
antennna, a marine antenna, a 2 meter antenna? Model is CA-815, but you will
not find a match on Google. Rich.

FM can mean Marine or 440 or 2M FM as easily as broadcast FM. Either
way, having an exact size antenna for receive is not particularly
essential. It is more meaningful for those of us who transmit, but
that is not your concern.

At this scale, there are far more, cheaper alternatives available to
constructing in an hour or two (such as my suggestion of rods and
connector). Having one antenna is not very useful to your problem of
interference and the greater complexity is actually in the method of
combination. Here too you can roll-your-own equipment, but this will
enlarge the project.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC