Old May 3rd 04, 01:02 PM
N2EY

"KØHB" wrote in message link.net...
The FCC has given all citizens a great tool, in the form of the ECFS,
for commenting on matters under its purview, including matters related
to the Amateur Radio Service.

I thank the Commission for providing that forum for commentary by all
citizens.

Unfortunately, at least one citizen seems to have set himself up as the
judge of what is appropriate and inappropriate for other citizens to say
to the Commission.

Who is this individual? Does he have a name? An amateur radio
callsign?

This citizen has singled out to the FCC the comments of several other
citizens as innapropriate and/or misdirected,

Here is a small sample of his attempts to choose for the FCC which
citizen comments are not appropriate.

"I consider Mr. Sanford's Comment inappropriate as well as misdirected"

"I consider Mr.Brakob's Comment inappropriate as well as misdirected."

That's just his opinion.

"Mr. Desany's Comments were found inappropriate..."

"Mr. Oring's Comments are once again found inappropriate..."

Found by whom?

Sorry, Mr. Citizen, but the FCC doesn't need you to determine which
comments are appropriate. ALL CITIZENS may comment.

Of course. In fact, noncitizens may comment, I think. Not only that,
but organizations and business concerns may comment as well as
individuals.

The problem is that any system which is as free and open as ECFS is
bound to attract at least a few folks who are not serious about the
subjects being discussed. And it will also attract all sorts of folks
who have an "agenda" that isn't immediately apparent.

Hopefully those at FCC who read the comments will recognize the nature
and spirit of such remarks.

Sunuvagun, where have I heard that before?

But who is it that you refer to, Hans?

73 de Jim, N2EY