Old May 3rd 04, 08:30 PM
Phil Kane

On Sun, 02 May 2004 03:21:50 GMT, KØHB wrote:

Would the FCC have a record of such?

Yes, buried in some dusty paper archive in a low humidity cave in Resume
Speed, Alabama. They won't go look.

But there's a commercial firm licensed to go into the catacomb and
search, which they'll be happy to do for a modest fee of about $122.85
per half-hour, results not guaranteed.

That's what happens when the gov'mint is forced to privatize what we
should be getting in return for our taxes.

Federal Archive searches are not all that bad (I had to do it once)
provided that you know the box number in which the desired material
is stored. The agency has those lists, but finding the right person
in the agency to give you the magic number is an exercise in itself.

The Leo Ryan National Archives Repository in suburban San Francisco
is in a delightful park adjacent to the vast open green space known
as the Golden Gate National Cemetery. I've been in "big box" retail
stores that had less aisle room. I understand that now you give
them the box number and they bring it to you in a library-type
reading room.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane