Old August 1st 03, 10:56 PM
Tim Conway

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:23:54 -0700, Roy Lewallen wrote:

Oops. The reason it makes no sense is that I screwed up and posted it to
the wrong thread. Someone was asking about feeding a metal window frame,
and that's what I intended it to refer to.

I apologize for the goof and the confusion it caused.

Actually, I wasn't looking for an apology, but for a pointer back to the
thread... it sounded interesting.
Now that I know which thread, I must point out - wouldn't trying to run a
window frame as a magloop be a big dummy load? I'd think he'd be better
off loading it as a capacitative plate. The high currents in a magloop
going around that aluminum, and crossing what are probably just butt
joints, would dissipate nearly all the power as heat.
Now, hanging a
picture in a frame made of copper pipe and feeding that would be a whole
new ball game.