Old May 7th 04, 02:51 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Can anyone explain why Technicians should be upgraded to
General?
From: (stewart)
Date: 5/6/2004 5:44 PM Central Standard Time
(Jason Hsu) wrote in message
.com...
... But insisting on meeting all
three of these goals requires that Technician licensees be
automatically upgraded to General. If it's that essential that there
only be 3 license classes, then why not keep the Technician license
and upgrade the current Novices to Technician?

Because we need to bring back the eliminated entry-level license!

No, we don't.

All of the Amatuer Radio periodicals are ripe with stories of K I D S
passing ALL classes of Amatuer Radio licensure.

If a new entry-level
license is necessary, then what's wrong with having 4 license classes
instead of 3?

Because it is UNNECESSARY... the General, Technician, and TechPlus
tests are/were virtually identical - ergo, MERGE 'EM ALL!

"Virtually identical"...?!?!

You really ARE an idiot. Not to mention that you've not been keeping
abreast of the question pools.

What's wrong with compromising on #1 or #2?

Forget it... NO MORE COMPROMISING! It has been attempted over the
years, and all these foot-draggers want to do is pull us back to
December 6, 1941... 'aint gonna happen McGee... It is 2004, and we
have Cell Phones, the Internet, 125 Channels on TV, etc., etc., etc...
time for US Ham Radio to join the 21st century.

It's already there.

Too bad you keep trying to take us back to 1951.

Morse Code will now officially be IRRELEVANT (at least as far as
Novice and General Classes are concerned). LIVE WITH IT.

Hardly irrelevant.

The ARRL proposal is PERFECT... time to MOVE ON!

No, it's not.

- Stewart (N0MHS)

Another "zero" worthy of the number.

Steve, K4YZ