Old May 9th 04, 10:27 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Mike Coslo" wrote

I picked this up off of my listserver group "CitizenSoldiers" on
YahooGroups. I find it interesting that Cingular
actually went to the effort of acknowledging thier limitations.
I wish they'd actually said something to the effect of
"if ya ain't bleeding or drowning, stay off the phone"......

I had to chuckle that you are supposed to stay off the phone, but are
supposed to buy more cell phones!!!

This isn't something new nor is it specifically related to wireless
phones. The 'wired' phone system has also been saying exactly the same
thing since Moby Dick was a minnow. "During emergencies (bad weather or
whatever) our systems may be overloaded by the surge of callers."
Obviously (as Cingular correctly points out) the wireless infrastructure
has an increased level of vulnerability over a strictly 'hardwired'
phone system of yore. No surprise there! The Cingular instructions seem
to me honest, useful, and corporately responsible.

73, de Hans, K0HB

In other words....a world class CYA situation.

Dan/W4NTI