Old May 10th 04, 02:46 AM
Mike Coslo

Jim Hampton wrote:

Hello, Mike

Yep, I *love* that suggestion about programming in 911. Now, instead of
having to hit three buttons (9-1-1), you simply hit "memory-0-1".

Wow! I *am* impressed )

hehe. Just like I have said on other subjects, you can't make things
easy enough for some people. Even if the convenience insn't any more
convenient.

I also like the idea about buying more cell phones. If the lines are all
busy due to overloading, you have your whole family try dialing on 10 cell
phones. You increase your chances *ten* times! Reminder to self: go buy
100 lottery tickets; instead of 1 chance in 12 million, I'd have one chance
in 120 thousand. Golly gee. Who'd have thunk?

That is an important consideration. When there is an emergency, such as
ice storm or hurricane or the like, it is incredibly compelling. Parents
want to call their parents, big sis wants to call her best friend to see
if she is alright, and little brother want's to compare freaky disaster
notes with his bud's.

If you've ever been in one, it is almost impossible to resist. You know
that loved ones are worried sick about your predicament, and if you have
a family of 3, and 3 cell phones, I'll wager that all three will be tried.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

And from your QTH, I know you've been involved in some wethear
disasters lately! 8^) We've hade them here in State College over the
last 10 years, and cell service has gone out almost immediately. More
cell phones will simply put it out of commission a few seconds quicker.

- mike KB3EIA -