Old February 17th 04, 12:15 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Drink" wrote in message
I've been studying for my Extra Class for a pretty long time now

(Sheesh!
A couple YEARS) and understand that the question pool has changed. No,

I'm
not interested in a question pool/cheat sheet. I want to make sure I
understand all the subject matter and pass the test. I have the "ARRL

Extra
Class License Manual" published in 2000 and want to continue studying with
it. Here's my question.
Since the question pool has changed, has the material changed? Should I
go buy the 8th printing to make sure I have a manual that focuses on newer
requirements?
o_o_o_o
Best Regards, /| ,[_____],
Jim, WP3JQ |¯¯¯L --O|||||||O-
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯¯¯ )_)
EM60qk 30.447439N 086.628959W

Try the practice exams at sites like QRZ.com and I think eham has them also.

However, the license manual published in 2000 is seriously out of date.
Since that time, the material has been dramatically expanded. The material
from the old Advanced Class licensed was added into the Extra exam and there
have also been some rule changes. Most of that Advanced Class material was
NOT covered in the guide available in 2000. You've missed the window where
the Extra exam had not yet been upgraded to include that material.

So try the practice exams and see where you stand. The odds are that you
will need to study the 8th edition to successfully prepare for the test.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE