Old May 18th 04, 12:42 AM
William

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...
Subject: Morse and Contests
From:
(William)
Date: 5/16/2004 8:15 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message
.com...

Wouldn't know...Today (May 16th) was the fifth anniversary of my
daughter's passing, and my wife insisted I stay close to home. But no
matter where I go, there she is...She may ahve left my arms, but
she'll never leave my heart.

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, I am sorry. Maybe one day they'll move the dates of the Hamvention
again.

Thanks, Brian.

For me, anyway, it really would have been better to go. I needed to be
away for a bit, but hey...can't always have everything the way we want it,
eh...???

Shoot for something soon. I'm going to a wine tasting in Cleveland
tomorrow night, which ought to do a body good.

At least I can look forward to Huntsville...If anyone is within a
"relatively" reasonable drive time of Huntsville, AL, and has never been to
this one, they should try to. It's the second or third weekend of August, and
is always a lot of fun.

I used to meet a friend at the Indy hamfest in July, then I'd travel
up to Ft Wayne hamfest in November to see him again. He moved to
Montana last summer. I guess I could meet him at the Sturgis Hamfest.

The "flea market" is indoors, but there's lots-and-lots of it. All the
usual forums and a very reasonable showing of vendors and organizations.
All-in-all it's a very well conducted regional hamfest. (Computers are there,
but in an ancilliary role!)

73 & thanks again...

Steve, K4YZ

Steve, it's kind of funny that the Hamvention folks moved the date
back hoping for better weather, then we had such a bad weekend. Its
even more sad that since Ohio is the home of the Hamvention, many of
the other hamfests here are so tiny. Someday I'd like to go to
another big fest other than Dayton, maybe Miami. I'd have to take
some extra time off because I need a tour of the Nat'l Hurricane
Center, and a trip to Margaritaville.