Old May 19th 04, 06:45 PM
Tony P.

In article , says...
If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

We do that now. Those of us who did our element 1C are just a tiny bit
peeved that people got upgraded to Extra and didn't have to take the
test.

I needle a buddy of mine about it all the time. He got his 'extra' when
the rules changed, having already passed the 4B test. I got my extra in
1993.