Old May 21st 04, 06:38 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:
"Real ham" = One who abides by 1930s standards and practices

That is incorrect, Leonard.

Not in the context of the particular give-and-take with "Real Ham"
Dan. :-)

A "real ham" is one who holds an amateur radio license.

Actually, a "real ham" is the butchered meat of swine. :-)

Then why are you trying to tell us that " "Real ham' = One who abides by
1930s standards and practices"?

The FCC regulations don't define "ham" at all. The FDA does.

You have no stake whatever in amateur radio.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. All you want to do in here (which is newsgrouping,
not amateur radio) is drive a stake through any heart that doesn't
beat to the rhythm of classical radiotelegraphy in amateur radio.

You've told us on numerous occasions all you want to do here. You never
seem to get around to doing what you've stated. Now you'd like to tell
me all I want to do. I've not stated all I want to do here so your
comments are conjecture on your part. Take your pick, Leonard:
classical telegraphy, classical SSB, classical AM phone. You aren't
doing any of them in amateur radio. You aren't a participant.

This is the year 2004, over 6 decades later.

...and despite your self-declared several decades interest in amateur
radio, you have yet to show enough interest to become a participant.

Oh? Did you miss something in the past six years of messaging
in here? I've been a professional involved with radio and radio
communications. Interesting work. Paid well, too. I've
communicated on frequencies you aren't allowed to as a "licensed
amateur" or even as a State Department government employee.
:-)

1. I wrote "amateur radio". You're drifting off into a description of
your past professional radio experience once again.

2. I don't really care where on which frequencies you communicated as a
professional.

3. You have no idea which frequencies are used or may be used by the
U.S. Department of State.

Didn't need a bit of manual telegraphy skills or licensing (as an
amateur) to do any of that.

You wouldn't need any to obtain the most basic amateur radio license in
the U.S. either.

Where is it "written" that I have to demonstrate some "interest in
radio" to the Great Heil?

I didn't write anything about "some interest in radio".

You DEMAND amateur radio license acquisition in order to state
anything on amateur radio regulations in here.

I've DEMANDed nothing. I continue to point out that you have nothing to
do with amateur radio as a participant or a regulator.

You should make public your "authorization" to make such demands.

You should look up the definition of the word "demand".

Without that "authorization" you are just another bitchy whining
complainer who can't hack any real discussion beyond the "official"
words on amateur-radio-as-it-used-to-was when you first engaged
in that hobby.

Wrong-o, Pops. I'm a licensed radio amateur. I have a vested interest
in any changes in regulations involving amateur radio license testing or
amateur radio operation. You, on the other hand...

Without that "authorization" you are just another SS-wannabe who
wants nothing more than to fight anyone who doesn't agree with
your "orders" posted on this bulletin board. In other words, just
another disagreeable gunnery nurse (but without bedpan).

"Fight"? "Orders"? If we were fighting, you'd best pack a lunch and
rest up beforehand, old timer. I haven't issued any orders.

Until you show your "authorization," you'll have to discuss it with
the only Real Authority on this newsgroup, Paul Schleck. Hint:
he is a licensed radio amateur of Amateur Extra rank.

I'll have to discuss what with Paul Schleck?

What you seem to want this newsgroup to become is just another
Chat Room where like-minded dittyboppers can commiserate in a
mental commisary all about "real hams" (who know and love morse
code) and follow the League's orders explicitly, complete with all
the jargon and standards and practices of 1930's amateur radio.

You aren't wrapped very tight.

Meanwhile, this newsgroup is still unmoderated and open to anyone
with Internet access. No doubt you will redouble your efforts to put
down anyone who doesn't think like you do and DEMAND certain
things in order to satisfy your "authorized" orders. Pththththth.

No DEMANDs have been made of you, Len. You continue to post. I'll
continue to point out your lack of anything to do with amateur radio.
You've certainly kept mum about your childlike antics exemplified by
some of your comments to the FCC. Wanna discuss those?

Dave K8MN