Old May 26th 04, 06:09 PM
N2EY

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message ...

I have repeatedly encouraged you to take the Amateur Technician since it
doesn't require a Morse Code examination.

Why, Steve?

Why do you encourage Mr. Anderson to get an amateur radio license,
given the way he behaves here towards anyone who disagrees with him?
Do you really *want* him to join the ARS?

Mr. Anderson told us way back in January of 2000 (almost 4-1/2 years
ago) that he was "going for Extra right out of the box". Didn't
happen, probably won't happen any time soon, if ever.

The Tech hasn't had a code test in over 13 years and medical waivers
for all code tests except 5 wpm were available in 1990. None of this
is news or any sort of secret. If Mr. Anderson were interested in
being a radio amateur, he would have gotten a license long ago. So
there's only one logical conclusion left.

Do you think that calling him "Lennie" or various versions of "scummy"
or "liar" will change his behavior, or opinions, or get him to admit
any of his many mistakes? Or do you think that maybe, just maybe,
getting *you* to behave in a manner similar to *his* might be one of
his real goals?

I snipped out all of the name calling and insults in the post I
replied to - and there wasn't much left. Nowadays I don't even read
most rrap posts past the first insult. Many I don't read past the
author line.

However you still seem stymied byt the process. Actually, I think it's
because you might have to actually demonstrate your REAL knowledge base...Your
ego wouldn't allow you to expose yourself to the ridicule of failing the test
in a room full of grade school kids who just passed it.

Did it ever occur to you, Steve, that Mr. Anderson could pass the test
if he wanted to - but that he doesn't want to? That his hobby is
something very different?

Look back over the past several years. Do you really think Mr.
Anderson will *ever* engage in civil debate here on *any* subject? Or
that Mr. Burke will answer any questions that he doesn't want to
answer (while at the same time asking all sorts of questions of
others)?

Meanwhile, Amateur Radio continues. OTA, not here. Will we hear you on
7037 next Monday night?

73 de Jim, N2EY