Old February 17th 04, 04:30 PM
Crazy George

Ed:

I think Steve would be interested in hearing a methodology for DFing a
non-stationary signal, as would I. I have tried to track one of these spurs
with a receiver while simultaneously attempting to get a bearing, and gave
up. The Doppler DF systems need it in the passband and frequency stable for
at least one "revolution" of the virtual antenna, which doesn't happen, so
let's hear what works.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

"Ed Price" wrote in message

"Steve Nosko" wrote in message

"Ed Price" wrote in message
THAT
"Steve Nosko" wrote in message
Diathermy was mentioned in the longwire exposure thread and made me

think
of
this long standing problem here in northern IL..

For some years now, there has been interference on the local 2M

repeater
(145.41) which sounds just like the diathermy I used to hear on 10M

long
ago. [snip]
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

[snip] If the RF source is quite close to the repeater, maybe you are
seeing an image response to the 5th harmonic.
wb6wsn

Not an image. Spec analizer and many other receivers hear it, as

well
as other repeaters.

Steve

Well, if you have that much time to observe the offending signal, start
DF'ing it.

Ed
wb6wsn