Old May 27th 04, 04:11 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Jack Twilley" wrote in message
Hmm. Any chance you could provide some citations for these
"gentleman's agreements"? I do not doubt their existence, I'd just
like to find some online pointers to them. Recently I had to ask
around where to find some RTTY so I could test my setup -- if I'd
known about these agreements, I'd have a better chance of finding it
on my own. Also, I'd like to avoid accidentally operating on a
portion of the band which is traditionally for a different type of
mode -- I'm more likely to get a response from a CW CQ if I'm not
calling on the RTTY portion, etc.

www.arrl.org - The website has a page listing the basics
The ARRL Operating Manual
Various ARRL publications on data modes and slow scan TV
For VHF/UHF, the ARRL repeater directory

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE