Old May 28th 04, 01:53 AM
William

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message hlink.net...
"William" wrote in message
om...
"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message

link.net...
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
If Pro CW Testing Amateurs a

Feet firmly planted in the past folks and elitist snobs......

Why wouldn't they WANT the Morse code testing eliminated so that they
could get on the air and only associate with like minded individuals?

Removing the test would be the ultimate filter.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Because we can do that right now Mike. I don't consider it being

elitist to
want to continue with a known effective mode. Those that want to get

rid of
it are world class fools.

Dan/W4NTI

DAN, Dan, dan, it is the -EXAM- that we are getting rid of. If we got
rid of the psk practical exam, would you think we are trying to get
rid of the mode?

There is no psk practical exam.

Well, whaddayaknow? You finally got it.

Since there is no psk practical exam, how can there be psk???

If the Morse Code exam goes away, how can there be CW???

The ONLY PRACTICAL exam we have in ham
radio is the CW TEST.

But it's become imPRACTICAL to continue to exclude people based upon a
Morse Code exam.

Most of the rest is mainly BS memorization, that for
the most part is not even relevant to real world ham radio.

Which is exactly how you got into amateur radio. So now what???

If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times.

"What I fear most about the restructuring is a lack of enforcement,
and what I fear most about maintaining the status quo is a lack of
restructuring."

Most people are basically good. Some aren't. People like Riley are
necessary.

You need to reconcile the hatred you have for your fellow ham.