Old May 28th 04, 06:01 PM
Jack Twilley

"Dee" == Dee D Flint writes:

Dee I already referenced the web site of the ARRL. All you have to
Dee do is enter the words "band plan" in the box to search the site.
Dee Then scroll down until you see the listing for band plans. I
Dee will NOT do this for you.

KC2HMZ OK...then I will:
KC2HMZ
KC2HMZ AMATEUR FREQUENCY OPERATION RECOMMENDATIONS (ARRL Band Plans)
KC2HMZ
KC2HMZ [snip]

Dee It's never a good idea to do a student's homework for them.

Attempting to answer a question in a condescending manner (and failing
to answer the question correctly) does not imply a teacher-student
relationship. Frankly, it's not clear to me that you have the
capability to build or maintain such a relationship, based on what
I've seen here. That's neither here nor there, however.

Dee It leads to laziness and dependency on other people for info that
Dee is easily found by checking basic references.. I'd already
Dee referenced the site and documentation he needed to check
Dee previously. Then I gave specific instructions on how to find the
Dee info. That is all that should have been required.

You spent a thousand characters where twenty would have been
acceptable. In fact, both you and KC2HMZ gave me information on "the
band plans", not "the gentleman's agreements", which was the specific
bit I asked about, repeatedly. It's not just "where can I find RTTY
traffic?", it's "why is RTTY found there" that interests me the most.

You were so lost in your sophistry that you lost sight of the actual
question being asked. Reread the original question I posed, your
response, my response which included a restating of the original
question, and your second response, and honestly tell me what you were
trying to accomplish.

Now, if you have any information about the gentleman's agreements that
led to the band plans, please, share with me and the others. I am
interested in the actual content you may be able to provide, but I
have no patience for attitude or condescension. The last thing I need
is someone trying to teach me to fish when my question concerns how
night-crawlers on barbed hooks became the approach of choice.

Dee Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Jack.
- --
Jack Twilley