Old February 17th 04, 06:09 PM
bunnydawg

I'm wondering if your chimney will handle the weight ?
Robert

"Richard" wrote in message
I've no real experience of putting up antennas on the chimney of a house.

Obviously, I must not overload the chimney breast.

I'm thinking about putting up the following:

______ Discone
/ | \
__ / || \
A |
__ ___|x___ 5 ele.2m yagi

B | |
__ |x| 5 ele. marine yagi
| |
C |
| |
__ |x| 5 ele. FM yagi.
| |
D |

__ |
/ \ Rotator
/__\

| ______
| | | Chimney
| | |
| |

I'm wondering about the spacings, A, B, C, and D.

A, spacing between bottom of the discone and the boom of 2 m yagi.

B, spacing between boom of 2m yagi and boom of marine band yagi.

C, spacing between boom of marine band yagi and boom of FM yagi.

D, spacing between boom of FM yago and top of rotator.

As for the mast, I'm thinking what about 1.5" steel tube.

As for rotator. No idea what model I'd need.

Any thoughts? Am I trying to be too ambitious? I could leave out the
marine yagi if I had to.

Thanks.

Rich.