Old May 29th 04, 06:07 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Radio Amateur KC2HMZ
writes:

On 28 May 2004 19:35:45 GMT, (Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote:

Although not a regular in this forum (any more, any way) John is well
known in various CB radio and scanner NG's, usually for his overwhelming

desire
to be king of the hill and lack of regard for how he gets there.

Various? There is only one CB newsgroup, rec.radio.cb - and if I'm
well-known there it's because of telling certain regulars there what I
thought of their blatant disregard for Part 95.

Any of the folks in the scanner newsgroups who know me, know me from
material published in Popular Communications, or from when I was a
member of NYSING, or both.

Belated welcome back, John. :-)

As you can tell (obviously), few have departed from their
usual style of attacking all who do not agree with them. :-)

His "debating" techniques have cost him a couple of ISP's, I understand,

and got him in trouble with local law enforcement.

That what KF2TI told you? That's bull. I've never had an account
yanked by an ISP, nor had any trouble with local law enforcement. On
the other hand, I've been known to work *with* local law enforcement
on occasion.

Nursie is on his usual smearing of snit routine again. :-)

Adell has been - gratefully - not present, leaving only a few
of the PCTAs to attempt attacking others. [he might be
trying to sort out which of the several personalities he's used
in this newsgroup]

He was also listowner of a
fairly well populated Yahoo group that went ka-put due to his escapades.

At the time I owned it, it was not a Yahoo group, it was a onelist.com
group, and it did not go kaput - it became a Yahoo group when
onelist.com and Yahoo merged, and it still exists - the current list
owner is Al Stern of Satellite Beach, Florida who is an old buddy of
mine from the #monitor channel on IRCNet.

True facts interfere with obsessive hatred. Disagree with him
and you will be added to the top of his snit list. [nothing much
changed in the last 5 or so years]

he only reason you're ****ed about all of this is that I refused to
let you and KF2TI join that list, which I did because after observing
your antics in rec.radio.amateur.policy - particularly your penchant
for trading personal attacks with Len Anderson and others in this NG,
which has been going on for years now - I decided I did not want
people of your ilk polluting the Radiomonitors list.

Poor guy lives for the moment of upsetting normalcy of
discussion of others. It's become an obsession with him,
far from a penchant. :-)

As you can see, Dee, he's got a bit of the same "See, I Know More Than
You" streak in him that Lennie has...

If you wish to draw that conclusion based on the fact that I responded
to a request for information by posting information, it's no skin off
my fanny, Steve. Besides, somebody in this NG has to post something
besides personal attacks on other users, or the whole NG will consist
of nothing but half a dozen trolls such as yourself, and the hobby
deserves better than that.

The hobby DOES deserve better than what they are, but,
according to them, they do no wrong, can never do wrong,
for they are privileged (because they say they are).

This particular newsgrope has become nothing but a giant
flamefest.

Pity that, the forum polluted by those wanting only to FIGHT.

It's worse, actually. The politicians at the FCC want to permit
BPL to continue on and truly pollute HF and low-VHF for ALL,
not just amateurs. The fighters such as nursie only want to
fight, fight, fight with others for newsgrope supremacy, thinking
they will "win" something. They only win emotional candy for
the moment, unable to understand that others don't agree
with them. shrug

Add to that the spectre of even more radical revisions with
Part 97 restructuring and the loss of international regulation
on manual telegraphy testing and this newsgroup has become
nothing more than a chat room for a small group nattering
about everything but Policy as They See It.

Welcome back, John. Worn out your welcome elsewhere again...?!?!

Actually, I just switched to a different ISP, which has an NNTP
server, among other things that my old ISP did not (the old one was a
dialup and an e-mail account, period).

Explanations of what you actually did are irrelevant and just
waste your time replying.

I don't think it matters really what anyone says, the "fighters"
will manufacture some kind of "cause" and then say their
imaginary product is "fact." :-)

On the other hand, Brian Burke (screen name of "BillyBeeper"
now) thinks that the PCTA are becoming tired and impotent.
There IS something to that faced with the revision of 25.5 and
their inability to control the newsgroup content.

The tide is turning but the old cliches' of the PCTA are
littering the beach, drying up instead of washing back out to
sea, losing their threats, imprecations, and "superiority" (as
amateur telegraphers).

Have fun here if you can, John. :-)

Len

LHA / WMD