Old June 2nd 04, 03:21 AM
William

(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(William) writes:

(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
Subject: The Pool
From:
(William)
Date: 5/27/2004 7:45 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
From:
(N2EY)
Date: 5/26/2004 12:09 PM Central Standard Time

Meanwhile, Amateur Radio continues. OTA, not here. Will we hear you on
7037 next Monday night?

I hope so, Jim. I am trying to put up a new attic loop right now.

am
also experimenting with the MFJ version of the manual bandspanner as an
"emergency" antenna. I am trying to see if it can be used in an NVIS
configuration, or if it is too mechanically short.

73

Steve, K4YZ

NVIS prop is usually several db down ordinary skywave.

Depends on who you want to talk to and where they are.

As always.

Brian, don't try to discuss anything with nursie. He/she will get
it wrong and waste anothe rmonth trying to state he/she is right
when he/she is not right. :-)

Steve, I know exactly what NVIS is for.

I was trained by the inventor of the whip-tilt adapter at Hurlburt Field, FL.

NVIS (pronounced "neviss") has been in U.S. military HF-low-VHF
doctrine for communications for over two decades. Nursie never
worked any military communications so is unaware of that.

Nursie just learned about NVIS from reading this newsgroup. :-)

Nursie failed to provide a single government document name or
other identification in trying to argue that "MARS is amateur radio"
and will now try to "prove" he/she is right about NVIS, whatever
he/she says. :-)

LHA / WMD

I actually have an "amateur" version of the whip-tilt adapter. It
uses 3/8x24 threads rather than military fittings. It runs a hamstick
or 102" whip in the normal vertical position, and then has an angle
off of vertical (probably 15 or 20deg) for NVIS use. It was given to
me by a long-time colleague of the inventor.

I suppose now I'll be commanded to provide names and dates, patent
numbers, and a portfolio of 8x10 glossies with circles and arrows.
But I won't.

After all, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio." Hi, hi!

70 tree, bb