Old June 2nd 04, 05:56 AM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

I actually have an "amateur" version of the whip-tilt adapter. It
uses 3/8x24 threads rather than military fittings. It runs a hamstick
or 102" whip in the normal vertical position, and then has an angle
off of vertical (probably 15 or 20deg) for NVIS use. It was given to
me by a long-time colleague of the inventor.

I suppose now I'll be commanded to provide names and dates, patent
numbers, and a portfolio of 8x10 glossies with circles and arrows.
But I won't.

Don't forget the QSL cards to "prove" you used a tilted whip
to work somebody...AND the signature of your authorizing
officer plus the appropriate directive/regulation! :-)

After all, "Sorry Hans, MARS IS Amateur Radio." Hi, hi!

Don Rumsfeld and company might take some issue with that,
but then someone here "knows" all about MARS.

Maybe he/she went there... :-)

"QRM Interplanetary" is the title of a short story by George O.
Smith, appeared in Astounding Science Fiction of the late
1940s. It was part of the "Venus Equilateral" series, had very
little to do with Mars. :-)

LHA / WMD