Old June 4th 04, 04:49 AM
TeleTech

Default Call Area Etiquette

I used to be active on the air about 12 years ago. I will be moving out of
my assigned call area. I'd like to get back on the air when I move.

What is the accepted practice relative to identifying the call area when
one has moved permanently, given that the FCC does not assign a new call
when one moves out of their area?

For example, if I was visiting W4 area from W3, I would identify as W3---
"portable W4" or W3---/W4. Do people put the /W4 on their QSL cards, etc?
Is this a big deal these days?

Thanks.

--
NOTE: To reply, DELETE the obvious word in my e-mail address you need to
DELETE in order to reply.