Old June 4th 04, 07:02 PM
Jim Hampton

"Steve Robeson K4CAP" wrote in message
Department of Communications/News Bureau
22 Davis Hall, 10 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881
Phone: 401-874-2116 Fax: 401-874-7872

------
URI physics employee invents new antenna technology
Media Contact: Jan Wenzel, 401-874-2116

KINGSTON, R.I. -- June 2, 2004 -- Rob Vincent, an employee in the

University of
Rhode Island's Physics Department, proves the adage that necessity is the
mother of invention.

An amateur radio operator since he was 14...(SNIP)

--------

Guess we can forget the "Hams don't contibute to the "advancement of

the
radio art" rant...Eh...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Hello, Steve

Most folks that invent or discover something are doing something they enjoy.
We can likely look at almost anything and most folks are having fun and only
a few are actually "inventing" something. Of course, it is totally ignorant
to assume than no ham is doing anything constructive any more than it would
be to assume that no NASCAR racer, or baseball player, or any other person
in a given field is "doing" anything

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---