Old June 4th 04, 11:50 PM
Dan/W4NTI

No need to do either. Just use your FCC assigned call. Course it helps to
let folks know the general area your in, so they can point the antenna at
you.

Dan/W4NTI

"TeleTech" wrote in message
.. .
I used to be active on the air about 12 years ago. I will be moving out

of
my assigned call area. I'd like to get back on the air when I move.

What is the accepted practice relative to identifying the call area when
one has moved permanently, given that the FCC does not assign a new call
when one moves out of their area?

For example, if I was visiting W4 area from W3, I would identify as W3---
"portable W4" or W3---/W4. Do people put the /W4 on their QSL cards, etc?
Is this a big deal these days?

Thanks.

--
NOTE: To reply, DELETE the obvious word in my e-mail address you need to
DELETE in order to reply.