Old June 5th 04, 03:38 PM
William

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
(Len Over 21) wrote in message ...
In article , "Jim Hampton"
writes:

The gentleman in question with the antenna may well have been professional;
my point is that most inventors are doing something they enjoy. Come to
think of it, how many folks are continually involved in something they
*don't* like?

Irrelevant. Another stressed that the "invention" was because of his
being a radio amateur. Solely so, so much that nearly all of the
URI news release was omitted.

The rest of the post was irrelevent since the antenna itself was
not of importance.

Oh, my! There was no rant, and the invention/patent is not of
importance.

So what we have is is a lie wrapped up in a lack of judgement.

Exactly why did you post anything at all except to troll and flame?

What WAS of importance was that a non-Amateur Radio media source
felt compelled to mention, early on I might add, that the person
responsible for this project was a licensed Amateur.

People everywhere lack judgement, including those in media. Bless
your heart, you're not alone.

The POINT being that Sir Scummy of Lanark was once again proven
wrong...

Wrong?

I saw him make no "assertion of fact" for you to refute, and the only
ranting is your own.

Amateurs ARE still involved in "advancement of the radio art",
and someone felt stongly enouhg about it to emphasize it in a news
release.

What are you doing in "state of the art?" Bandspanner?

Lennie often raves in this forum about how Amateurs don't do this
kind of thing.

They do it first as paid employees of someone else. They just happen
to be amateurs.

And of course he can't stand it and will spin this into the
ground.

You're doing a good enough job of that.

Too late. The egg's already been cracked and he's wearing it.

Insanity. There was no rant, and then you claim the invention was of
no importance. You're wearing the egg.

Sorry Lennie. Proven wrong by example again.

In another galaxy far, far away... "MARS IS Amateur Radio."

hihi