Old February 17th 04, 10:55 PM
Thierry

"GJS917" wrote in message
I have an 80x100 foot lot. On a diagonal between trees I could put up a
flattop of 102 feet. Should I put up a G5RV or bend the wire at each end

and
go for a 135 foot center fed? My rig is a TS-440S with a built in tuner.
What type of feed do you recommend. Some say you get the least loss with
twin lead. Should I use 300 or 450 ohm?

Hi,

About G5RV, http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-g5rv.htm
specially p2 for the matching section. Standard is 300ohm ribbon "windowed"
with a balun 4:1
I used it with a TS-570D with quasi a SWR 1:1 on most non-warc bands.

Then should I put an air choke at
the end of the run and tie the other end of the air choke directly into

the
rig's auto tuner? Also should I install a lightning arrestor at the point
where the feed enters the house (I'll probably drop the feed to the roof

and

About lightnings,
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-...protection.htm
Your need an arrestor and also a serious ground. See my article (with sounds
!).

Thierry, ON4SKY

bring it into the attic. The shack is in a second floor bedroom.) I am
presently studying for my license so any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gene