Old June 10th 04, 03:05 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Attention MARS & Ex MARS Operators
From: (William)
Date: 6/9/2004 1:13 PM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
From:
(William)
Date: 6/8/2004 6:31 PM Central Standard Time

It's quite sad that an quasi-adult (ok, ok, so he's closing in on 50)
has to continually scramble for recognition from some kind of uniform
or badge or license or callsign.

Hmmmmm...Coming from a Boy Scout Leader, the "some kind of uniform"

and
badges comment was cute!

Badges? I don't need no stinking badges.

A Boy Scout Leader without a shirt full of "been there-done that" patches?
That's all that hold some of thier shirts together!

I put on a hat so that the other parents can see that they have
someone to come to if they have an issue. Not into the whole
"authority" thing. Your mileage absolutely varies.

Luckily in the organization I participate in, many of the molestation and
abuse issues that pop up in other organizations is no where near as prevelent
due to the "authority thing".

That would probably indicate some kind of insecurity or lack of
self-worth.

Or sense of accomplishment.

I've accomplished enough in this lifetime. Now I want to make sure my
son's have a good environment to begin their accomplishments.

"Enough"...?!?!

Sounds to me like "mediocrity" is your goal. I am sure you have
accomplished it.

I see every day as yet another opportunity to accomplish even one more
thing.

And in doing so, I am ALSO able to "make sure my (daughter has) a good
enviroment to begin (her) accomplishments".

Sounds to me like "multi-tasking" is yet another one of your failings.

Sucks to be you.

Please remind me of the last significant public service accomplishment

YOU
fulfilled, Brain...?!?!

I killed some invasive species a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to do
the same next week.

Headlice again, Brain...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ