Old June 13th 04, 09:28 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: Able Baker Charlie
From:
(Len Over 21)
Date: 6/11/2004 3:27 PM Central Standard Time

I do know it is NOT the "ICAO phonetic alphabet" except for a
bunch of anti-military peacenik hardliners will never admit to the
existance of NATO, therefore they want to rename it for "ICAO."

Hmmmmmm.....

That's funny...

APCO calls it the ICAO phonetic alphabet.

APCO isn't a military organization.

Police agencies had the "10 codes" before CBers did. :-)

The FAA calls it the ICAO phonetic alphabet.

FAA is (through the USA) part of the ICAO. :-)

Where did the ICAO get their phonetic alphabet? :-)

NATO had it first in 1955. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

It's refered to as the ICAO phonetic alphabet in about a dozen different
military aeronatutical publications that I recall including the FLIP charts.

You've "FLIPed" out, nursie.

Ain't no "aeronatutical publications." Lots of aeronautical ones... :-)

I've seen it refered to as the ICAO phonetic is several European radio
hobby magazines.

You've also said "MARS is amateur radio" despite DoD Directive
4650.2 (effective 21 Nov 03). :-)

You NOW refer to amateur radio as a "hobby?" Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Where is that enormous pride and esprit de corps in that very
special "service" you honor by keeping it like a quasi-paramilitary
something or other?

Remember, "ham radio" doesn't work like all other radios. It is
very different in your reality, extra special and never, never, ever
"just a hobby" in that fantasyland.

Ya figger all them folks know something YOU don't, Lennie...?!?!

NATO knows. The made the NATO phonetic alphabet a reality
in 1955. Hasn't changed any since that year.

Kellie will now start mumbling "putz" and other Yiddish
endearments... :-)

If it fits, Lennie...

Ya PUTZ!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. More of that "meaningful discussion?" :-)

LHA / WMD