Old June 13th 04, 09:28 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Kellie after his divine words got tromped on) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

Kellie should note that the U.S. MILITARY adopted the NATO
phonetic alphabet in 1955, not 1956.

The ICAO and the ITU globally and the FAA, ANSI and the ARRL inside
the U.S. all agreed upon the same phonetic alphabet and it lives on
today. That's a documented 100% correct statement. What's your point
Putz?

Not quite the "100%" you state, but you will cuss and swear and
act real tuff about it. As you did here. :-)

NATO started it in 1955.

I was a member of the U.S. Army when NATO started it and the
U.S. military made the directives that had the military change over
and use it. Kellie wasn't. Kellie was never a part of the United
States military.

Answer: "I'm just the local neighborhood putz, I don't have a point, I
never did and I never will".

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Following your "NCOIC" in "meaningful discussions,"
are you? :-)

[as one who was IN the
U.S. Army at the time, and in radio communications work, I am
quite familiar with that adoption, about as first-hand as one can
get (without shooting off his catapult)]

Golly dayum and holy cow, I wish I was there when you used them there
NATO phonetics on the Army RTTY repeaters you babysat. NATO-issued
RTTY microphones?

Tsk, tsk, tsk...the troll tries insult mode again when he MIGHT (in the
best of all possible worlds) have had "meaningful discussions." :-)

"Army RTTY repeaters?" You call a 10 KW water-cooled HF
transmitter a "repeater?" :-) [BC-310 driven by a BC-339]

The U.S. military never had "NATO-issued RTTY microphones."
Still don't.

Kellie all "knowledgeable" about an AN/FRC-22 40 KW SSB
transmitter? He ever tune one up? He ever keep it going 24/7?

1955 was 49 years ago.
Is Kellie POSITIVE the ARRL adopted the NATO phonetic
alphabet 49 years ago? Or even 48 years ago?

Kellie in Nap Mode, can't be bothered to check it out... :-)

The ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) may also
have selected the NATO phonetic alphabet in 1955, rather than
1956, but I expect a lot of outraged protests on that... :-)

Kellie still in Nap Mode (old folks seem to do a lot of that).

But, Kellie can't tell the difference between a challenging statement
or a question through his tri-focals, so I let that pass. :-)

I do know it is NOT the "ICAO phonetic alphabet"

except for a
bunch of anti-military peacenik hardliners will never admit to the
existance of NATO, therefore they want to rename it for "ICAO."

SNORES

Poor baby. All tuckered out from all that reading of someone you
perceive walked all over your words? Tsk, tsk, tsk. :-)

Kellie will now start mumbling "putz" and other Yiddish
endearments... :-)

Can't even start to be bothered, "The Putz" obviously works just fine
for everybody around here.

Kellie woke up to stumble his way around a trolling reply. :-)

SK dit dit.

You passed on? How sad. Or did you just pass CW gas?

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD