Old June 14th 04, 01:56 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Ryan, KC8PMX wrote:

If not required by laws or rules, then it is required out of some level

of
operational courtesy though.

Ryan
KC8PMX

I prefer that people simply say their callsign to me. Phonetics annoy
me mostly. When they use their phonetics, are they practicing courtesy
to me?

- Mike KB3EIA -

I find that people have a high error percentage in getting my call correct
even with a clear, strong FM signal unless I give it at least once
phonetically. While my call is N8UZE, the Z is frequently repeated back to
me as B, C, D, G, P, T, or V. The only people who don't make that mistake
are those who have known me for a while and are familiar with my call.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE