Old June 16th 04, 07:27 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Alun" wrote in message

I suppose I ought to submit some questions on phonetics for the question
pools. I wonder if I could succeed in getting it tested? I beleive it
should be tested. Even the most diehard CW ops seem to use 2m FM, and

there
are occasions where phonetics can be useful there too.

Actually there are questions on the test. Theoretically, the prospective
ham is supposed to learn the phonetic alphabet. However, there's only one
or two questions on the test pertaining to the phonetic alphabet. So if the
student just memorizes the answers to the questions, he won't have a strong
grasp of it. There's often a question about why it is used but some of this
info doesn't stick with the person past the test itself.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE