Old June 20th 04, 02:31 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: Able Baker Charlie
From: PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 6/19/2004 6:58 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Len Over 21) writes:

and I mention that
the U.S. military quit using manual telegraphy for fixed-point
communications in 1948.

They did? Everywhere?

Or did they simply start phasing it out in 1948?

And what about non-fixed-point communications, such as between ships?

I guess we can throw out as "irrelevent" the fact that there has been
rather thorough documentation of the Armed Forces' use of "manual telegraphy"
for routine communications right up to the 80's....And NOT "spoon fed by ARRL
publications".

Of course those are FACTS, and facts don't sit well with one who can't
stand the truth.

Okay, any positive statements about morse code are allowed
and even honored even though some of the individuals involved
are obviously fish stories.

"some of the individuals involved are obviously fish stories."??

What does that mean?

It means that if it ruins one of Lennie's rants it but be a fish story.

Those against morse code are evil,
wicked, mean, and nasty, are always incorrect and should never
be considered. :-)

Why should anyone be "against morse code"?

Becasue to be "for" Morse Code is to be AGAINST Lennie...Can't have that
now!

So, some olde-tyme hamme can say he "shot bears for navel
intelligence" and that be okay. Navel intel is fine as long as
person is for morse code.

Do you mean the pictures taken by W3RV? Guess what - they're real. Like it or
not, civilian contractors do go out on US Navy ships. And they do see - and
photograph - some pretty unusual stuff.

Once again Lennie displays his colors with the "olde tyme hamme"
reference.

He MUST keep on
fighting the good fight over ancient postings, again and again and
again and again and...yawn

You mean the like the one where you called another poster a "feldwebel" and
told him to "shut the hell up"?

Right.

Do you think it's OK to tell someone else in a newsgroup to "shut up", Len?

Obviously he does. He does it frequently. Usually when he's got his tail
caught under yet another rocking chair, which is pretty frequently these days!

The ROE of this newsgroup is:

1. Any kind of language or lack of civility by any morse code
proponent is perfectly acceptible, even encouraged.

No it isn't.

No more or no less than the use of blatant profanity by allegedly college
educated, "professional" engineers who are "against" Morse Code.

2. Anything said by anyone who does not love, honor, cherish
morse code is to be denigrated, insulted, vilified, and looked
at nasty just because of what they think.

Not at all.

No more or less than the insistence by certain alleged "professionals"
that Amateurs show awe and reverence to them as our "superiors"...Recent
suggestions by one of those alleged professionals that some in this forum are
"jealous" or otherwise despise them for BEING an (alleged) engineer is a prime
example.

All of those sub-
humans must always behave civilly and show respect for the
code lovers even if the code lovers are behaving as iceholes.

That pretty well sums it up.

Really?

Again with the inference of profanity.

Some professional.

Rev. Jimmie, go back to Google where you live...

WHO is "Rev. Jimmie", Len?

Sheeesh, Jim...You don't expect Lennie will ever live up to his own
rhetoric and treat others in the same way he demands that HE be treated...even
when you ARE treating him the way he expects...?!?!

Almost seven years now and I STILL have yet to see him do as he professes
or what he says he will do.

And I take the "...go back to Google" remark to be yet another "shut up"
by someone who can't stand being made a fool of with his own words....Again.

73

Steve, K4YZ