Old June 20th 04, 09:02 PM
Dee D. Flint

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for

truth
From: "John Anderson"

Date: 6/19/2004 7:52 PM Central Standard Time

"N2EY" wrote in message

I think/hope what will really kill BPL is economics. It simply won't

be
able to compete with DSL, cable and other technologies.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Bush appointed Powell, lets boot Bush, replace him with anyone who will

work
for the people, not the rich corporations!

And replace him with who? John Kerry?

Why not?

Very simple reason why not. According to liberals, cheap internet access
(remember it was Gore who "invented the internet" according to his own
statements) is a right so Kerry could be expected to push BPL even harder
than Bush. After all the government should decide what is best for everyone
and amateurs are too small a minority to watch out for. Economic reality be
damned as far as the liberals are concerned. At least the "rich
corporations" will, if BPL is not economical, kill it instead of sinking
money into it. After all they want to stay rich.

To really make any inroads in the market, BPL will need to be as cheap as
dialup and as fast and reliable as cable modem. I find it hard to believe
this combination will happen. The investment is too large. Those who are
willing to pay the price for high speed access have already switched to DSL
or cable, etc. Even they are fighting to get people to leave dialup but it
is the price that people generally put ahead of speed.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE