Old June 21st 04, 04:38 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee D. Flint wrote:

"N2EY" wrote in message

In article ,

(Steve

Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for

truth

From: "John Anderson"

Date: 6/19/2004 7:52 PM Central Standard Time

"N2EY" wrote in message

I think/hope what will really kill BPL is economics. It simply won't

be

able to compete with DSL, cable and other technologies.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Bush appointed Powell, lets boot Bush, replace him with anyone who will

work

for the people, not the rich corporations!

And replace him with who? John Kerry?

Why not?

Very simple reason why not. According to liberals, cheap internet access
(remember it was Gore who "invented the internet" according to his own
statements)

Produce those statements Dee. Show me that quote!

Or do you just repeat what you are told?

In case you want something other than NeoCon Propaganda What he said
was that:

"during my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet".

Gore was instrumental along with other Congressmen and perhaps women in
paving the way for the internet as we know it today. Within the context
of the interview, the message was clear enough. Unfortunately, *some*
members of the (liberal?) press chose to not only take it out of
context, but deliberately misquoted him.

Suggesting Gore saying that he "invented the internet" is very, very
inaccurate.

is a right so Kerry could be expected to push BPL even harder
than Bush. After all the government should decide what is best for everyone
and amateurs are too small a minority to watch out for. Economic reality be
damned as far as the liberals are concerned.

Are liberals anyone that disagrees with the present administration?
People bandy that word about with such abandon that I'd like to examine it.

I like the idea that the government that governs least governs best. I
like the ability to have and express my own opinion. I like the ability
to get rich if I desire (or at least attempt to) I believe that all
people should know that they are expected to be contributing members of
society, and if they plan on being lazy and don't want to work for a
living, as far as I am concerned, they can exist off what private
charity gives them or else they are welcome to crawl off in a hole
somewhere. I like the idea that no one gets special consideration, (such
as farm subsidies) for simply doing their jobs. And I don't think any
government should be allowed to spend $.01 more than it takes in, except
for extraordinary circumstances, such as all out war.

That would seem to make me a conservative.

But that doesn't seem to be the way things are going, does it?

NeoCons are actually Liberals in disguise. Different details, but the
same results.

I apologize if I get a little testy on the subject, but I think that
Conservatives are straying as far from their original principles as the
Liberals strayed from theirs. The results will eventually be the same.

At least the "rich
corporations" will, if BPL is not economical, kill it instead of sinking
money into it. After all they want to stay rich.

Thank heavens!

To really make any inroads in the market, BPL will need to be as cheap as
dialup and as fast and reliable as cable modem.

I doubt that will ever happen. It starts more expensive and slower than
cable, and if it gets more popular, it will probably get slower.

I find it hard to believe this combination will happen.

Agreed!

The investment is too large.

Yeah, that is the strange part. The companies are going to have to run
fiber *almost* to the house! This means that the people that are signing
up are just that close to fiber performance! Why on earth they wouldn't
just run it the whole way is beyond me.

Those who are
willing to pay the price for high speed access have already switched to DSL
or cable, etc. Even they are fighting to get people to leave dialup but it
is the price that people generally put ahead of speed.

Depends. I used to have a dedicated phone line, and Compuserve for ISP.
I switched to Cable modem, got rid of the second phone line, and after 1
year, I made back all the money I paid for the cable modem, and am now
paying about $15.00 less per month (fiscally conservative 'lil ol' me)
than I was before.

- Mike KB3EIA -