Old June 21st 04, 10:42 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Dee D. Flint wrote:

"N2EY" wrote in message

In article ,

(Steve

Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for

truth

From: "John Anderson"

Date: 6/19/2004 7:52 PM Central Standard Time

"N2EY" wrote in message

I think/hope what will really kill BPL is economics. It simply won't be
able to compete with DSL, cable and other technologies.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Bush appointed Powell, lets boot Bush, replace him with anyone who will

work
for the people, not the rich corporations!

And replace him with who? John Kerry?

Why not?

Very simple reason why not. According to liberals, cheap internet access
(remember it was Gore who "invented the internet" according to his own
statements)

Produce those statements Dee. Show me that quote!

Or do you just repeat what you are told?

In case you want something other than NeoCon Propaganda What he said
was that:

"during my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet".

Gore was instrumental along with other Congressmen and perhaps women in

paving the way for the internet as we know it today. Within the context
of the interview, the message was clear enough. Unfortunately, *some*
members of the (liberal?) press chose to not only take it out of
context, but deliberately misquoted him.

Suggesting Gore saying that he "invented the internet" is very, very
inaccurate.

The Internet went PUBLIC in 1991...under the Clinton-Gore
administration.

The Internet ALREADY EXISTED and was running. Some
may have been, as I was, already on USENET...which grew
out of ARPANET that existed in the 1970s.

Gore was instrumental in getting GOVERNMENT involved
in the Internet, starting the ball rolling so to speak. Every
U.S. government agency, nearly every U.S. community
government now has a website. The military picked up on
that and most large units have websites and promotes
both training and information exchanges through the web.

The electronics industry and academia as well as the
U.S. government were the creators of ARPANET through
the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA). With
more and more use, plus evolved increases in rate of
information exchange, that net split with USENET linking
industry and universities. Communications technologies
kept improving, advancing and by late 1990 there were
many who felt that this "new" Internet should be within
everyone's reach. That wasn't a political decision. It was
that of "idealogues" strangely enough. They had seen
the predecessor, BBSs, grow in the decade prior.

As of 2003, a mere dozen years after public opening of
the 'net, the U.S. Census Bureau reported that one in five
U.S. homes had some form of Internet access. That IS
explosive growth. It keeps on growing. The Internet is
now "legacy."

Politics had little to do with it. Technology was the spark.
Ideology and practicality and convenience did the trick
from then on.