Old June 21st 04, 10:42 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(William) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

Subject: Able Baker Charlie
From:
(William)
Date: 6/19/2004 10:17 PM Central Standard Time

Ditto the number of active hams hamming it up for WWII [exactly zero
(0)]. But that does not stop some from revering the contributions
that hams hamming it up made in WWII [exactly zero (0)].

You made this up, right?

No, nursie, Brian is correct.

The U.S. government stopped amateur radio transmissions
during WW2. Really. It was in all the ham magazines and
everything. Didn't you see it?

Saw it in a magazine. It could have even been a defunct magazine.

Nursie apparently didn't see it. No one sent him documented
proof, notarized. Everyone is LYING to nursie! Conspiracy!

More over, do you BELIEVE what you wrote? I ask because there is more
than a small amount of evidence to the contrary.

I don't think Brian is old enough to be alive during WW2, but
I was and I believe the U.S. government shut down amateur
radio transmitting during WW2.

Even the ARRL acknowledges that. Really!

Just like R.R.A.P. isn't Ham Radio, whatever those guys were doing
during WWII wasn't Ham Radio.

Their "spirits" were fully into it, busy beating the Huns and Japs
through mighty blows of their hand keys, air-dropping QSLs on
their homelands, fighting for truth, justice, mom's apple pie and
the glory of the League.

But there are some very confused folks here who think that "MARS
IS Amateur Radio," so I guess they might also think that

"Military Radio IS Amateur Radio."

Who really knows what they think. It's mostly incoherent, irrational
yelling.

They are Extras, hear them Roar! :-)

BTW, did you know that a Morse Exam acts as a disincentive to CW use
on HF?

And that MARS IS Amateur Radio?

Hi, hi.

These guys keep getting sillier and sillier.

Kinda like "Unlicensed devices play a major role in "emergency
comms"...?!?!

No, more like "CW gets through when nothing else will..."

Actually, CW gets through when everything else will.

True enough, but the codeaholic says otherwise, that morse beats
all other modes, past or future. Compulsive morseodist behavior.

Or, that morse testing has to continue for "traditional"
reasons (and because olde-tyme hammes are pished
out and insist all newcomers have to "work as hard" as
they did...because).

An anachronism.

Yes, but all newcomers MUST do so, to "demonstrate their
committment and dedication to all others." :-)

It might also be about 26 patents when only 1 exists or
shooting bears from an aircraft carrier or some Chesty
Puller wanna-be saying "I was in seven hostile actions"
and never revealing the When or Where of those. It could
also be those old-tyme hammes who made big noises
about "I design and build my own ham radios" who, a few
days later would talk a lot about his latest Kit project.

I've never seen orders for the seven hostile actions. They must not
have actually occurred. I've never seen the schematics for the home
designed (by a PE) amateur radio station. Perhaps they don't exist.
Perhaps they do.

Irrelevant. If nursie say so, it is so. All others "LIE!" :-)

Of course, those same individuals have to misdirect a thread
into their oh-so-very-important-personal-battles in order to
diss-and-cuss those of opposite opinions.

One in particular.

Most readers realize this. That particular writer doesn't.

This thread started out about Phonetic Alphabets. The "Able,
Baker, Charlie..." U.S. phonetic alphabet is familiar to me
because I learned it and used it in the U.S. Army. That set
was replaced by the NATO phonetic alphabet ("Alpha, Bravo..")
adopted in 1955. I am familiar with that since I was IN the
U.S. Army at that time, learned it and used it in military
communications. That's unalterable fact despite what those
weren't born then or mere infants at the time say.

Strange coincidence. I learned it in the U.S. military also.

Amazine coincidence, isn't it? :-)

The NATO phonetic alphabet was adopted by the International
Civil Aviation Organization shortly after the U.S. military adopted
it. Some in here want to argue and argue that phonetic alphabet
is called the "ICAO phonetic alphabet." That's rather petty.
NATO had it first. That's unalterable fact. All the aggressive
argumentation going on in here seems to be little more than a
disguise to diss-and-cuss certain personalities, certainly not
the subject matter.

LHA / WMD

No Content in all of that agressive argumentation.

"No Content International" - the opponent group of the PCTA against
No Code International.

Beep beep uber alles.

LHA / WMD