Old June 22nd 04, 04:03 PM
Dee D. Flint

"William" wrote in message
m...
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

"William" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Hampton" wrote in message

What Clinton did was terrible to his
wife and daughter,

I really don't want to know what he did to his wife and daughter. The
details of what he did to Monica was bad enough.

but what damage to the country (other than a major distraction) did it

do?

Our government and our monetary system is a confidence game. When our
leaders go south, our confidence goes south, and our economy goes
south.

What bothered me is that since Clinton lied about something so unimportant,
what might he do to cover up something that was much more important.

At the time, I had several German friends and they were totally baffled
about why he bothered to lie. To some extent, this probably hurt his
standing with foreign leaders though my memory tells me that as a whole
Europe loved Clinton.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE