Old June 24th 04, 05:20 PM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Will be running KC8PMX on 50Mhz-450Mhz bands. Decided to run on my own as a
matter of passive resistance to the local club's field day planner. Field
day is supposed to be an emergency preparedness scenario, and there is
nothing close to that from what I see of the plans locally here.

Not sure which classification I will be running yet, but will be using 3
transmitters, on battery power, occasionally charged by a vehicle's
electrical system, but the batteries won't be located in the vehicle. And I
will be operating from our fire department's parking lot of which I am a
member of.

Now, would I be a B, C, or F station, and also, does the number mean persons
or transmitters?? I am thinking if it means number of transmitters, I might
be a 3B, 3C, or 3F possibly..... If it means persons, then I might be a 1B,
1C, or 1F station..... Any suggestions? A little confused with the field
day rules.

Ryan KC8PMX

"Radio Amateur KC2HMZ" wrote in message
news

Field Day is next weekend. Anybody in the group here have plans?

I'll be on the air with the Amateur Radio Association of the
Tonawandas as one of the W2SEX ops. We'll be running four stations
(CW, HF Phone, HF Digital, and VHF/UHF) plus doing SSTV, ATV, and APRS
demo modes, and we may also satellite contacts through SaudiSat I if
it makes a pass at a good time and we fall into its footprint.

Here's hoping we get to work some of you or your clubs' stations over
the weekend. 73 and good luck during Field Day.

Needless to say, I'll be absent from the NG over the weekend.

73 DE John D. Kasupski
Tonawanda, New York, USA
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), HF/VHF/UHF Monitoring (KNY2VS)
Member ARATS, ARES, RACES, WUN