Old June 24th 04, 11:17 PM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for truth
From: Mike Coslo
Date: 6/24/2004 10:11 AM Central Standard Time
N2EY wrote:

August 15, 1971: USA abandoned the gold standard.

Guess who was president.....

Good guess, but not quite. We were moving away from the Gold Standard
at that time. It was the date that President Richard Nixon instituted
Wage and Price controls. At that time, inflation was at the 4% level -
something considered intolerable.

And please remember that these were the conditions passed to him by a...

(drum roll, please....)

A Demoncrat!

And a Demoncrat before THAT one!

We soon found out just how "nice" a measly 4% inflation rate was. The
initial 90 day freeze turned into around 1000 days of "adjustments" that
soon saw the inflation rate at 13 percent in December of 1974. The rate
dropped after that, but what was handed to President Carter was an
economic train wreck, to put it mildly. This all culminated in an
inflation rate of 15 percent in March of 1980.

The Wage and price freeze was what turned me into an fiscal

conservative!

Now, was that a "leeberal" mistake?

And the last President to have a balanced budget...?!?!

73

Steve, K4YZ