Old June 25th 04, 12:53 AM
Len Over 21

In article , (Goman
the Librarian) writes:

Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for truth
From:
(N2EY)
Date: 6/24/2004 8:31 AM Central Standard Time
(Steve Robeson K4CAP) wrote in message
Subject: BPL - UPLC -Repeat the lie three times and claim it for

truth
From:
PAMNO (N2EY)
Date: 6/21/2004 6:23 PM Central Standard Time
In article ,

(Steve
Robeson K4CAP) writes:

In the 50's and 60's we didn't have the technology.

(to send people to the moon)

We barely had the
technology to get to the moon in the 70s.

Had it by 1969, to be exact. The Soviets sent unmanned probes there
about a decade earlier.

Well, Jim, if you want to get THAT specific we were actually crashing
RANGER probes into the moon in the early 60's...

Not quite. :-) What was launched 27 Aug 62?

I thought that "...in the 70's" was fairly generic since we landed there
in 1969 and all of the rest of the landings occured before we were out ov
Viet Nam.

Might have happened in nursieworld but not in reality.

What was launched 5 May 61?

Official USA involvement in Vietnam War was 1962 to 1975.

Apollo 17 (last manned moon mission) was December 1972.

Did your might aerospace involvement in nursieworld have
different dates?

History has shown us that most major "jumps" in technology and society
happen in the wake of war.

Some jumps, yes, but I don't know about "most".

Then some review of American History is in order.

Ah, all sorts of cribs from an almanac? :-)

Nursie was THERE, very INVOLVED since Revolutionary War?

Tsk, tsk, tsk. NOT about amateur radio, is it?

Morse-Vail Telegraph first operated in 1844. Landline.

Radio as communications means first demonstrated in Italy
and Russia 1896.

Amateur radio not there by definition of amateur radio. Had to
wait until 1912 and first U.S. radio regulating agency start, also
first radio amateur licensed.

Nursie need MUCH help from his buddies in aerospace, those
INVOLVED there. No "amateurs" in space biz...until 2004,
then NOT amateur by definition, but "private" developers.
[nursie need to tell tales of Kern County Airport #7 from which
SpaceShipOne was launched and landed?]

Amateurs NOT make launch vehicles to put up ham sats.
Keep that in mind. Ham sats just lab curiosities until launch
vehicle available to put them in orbit.

remaining cut-and-paste omitted...partly for accuracy

I don't think so, Jim. All of the major developments of other
technologies or services only happened where there was major subsidies by
governments. Some, such as the expansion of oil refining, etc, only happened
after the development of the automobile, one of the few exceptions to the
above.

Nursie say in other message that ham radio "different" physics than
all other radio. Must be New Development, only nursie know.

Amateur radio NOT oil drilling/refining, vehicular technology.

Nursie need stick to subject...at least within a light-year.

How much do you pay for a calculator these days?

Hewlett-Packard HP-32 SII is $60 off the shelf, consumer
item. Scientific, programmable.

Nursie have pocket-size calculator of scientific notation?

How much did you pay for the last Amateur transceiver you bought?

Rev. Jimmie Who "builds his own." :-)

Can nursie build his own?

Have you ever had an X-Ray or CT scan?

Ham radio parts might need X-raying, but Computer Tomography
only used on hams.

Nursieworld need Magnetic Resonance Imaged...find all bad
resonances, make resonances stay WITHIN ham bands as
legally approved and licensed by FCC.

All of those technologies have benefited from government spending in

order
to advance military or space technology.

Riiiiight. Nursie describe his many years in aerospace biz?

Nursie INVOLVED in space biz? Properly licensed as rocket
man?

Nursie CANNOT be "interested" in space biz without being
properly licensed by FCC. Heilian logic. Applicable this
newsgrope.

RECENT history has shown that we made some pretty significant strides
based on the Apollo program alone.

Such as? Tang and Teflon existed before NASA.

And most mathematical or engineering calculations were performed with a
slide rule or pencil and paper.

In nursieworld, yes. In REAL world, NO.

Do astrogation problems, nursie. 3-digit accuracy on slide-rule
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

No one has been back to the moon in 32 years and there are no serious
plans to do so anytime soon. The technology to do it would almost have
to be reinvented.

Why? Did we get stupid in the last 30+ years?

Nursie, yes. :-)

Quick/Cheap/Dirty plan...A lunar lander configured to ride in the Shuttle
bay. The Shuttle carries it to the Moon, the mission drops in, and brings at
least part of the lander home for re-use itself.

What part of mighty nursie plan involves AMATEUR RADIO? :-)

Mission Control moved to Tennessee? To Newington? :-)

more nonsense from "involved" rocketman deleted for sanity

So we just wait until a more efficient way is developed? Until they
develop the "transporter"...?!?! Until Zephraim Cochrane develops warp
drive?

Rocketman nursie watch too many episodes of Star Trek. Star
Trek FICTION, not reality.

Star Trek NOT about amateur radio or ham radio policy.

Nursieworld is defunct for logic, analogies.

None of this means we shouldn't go into space, just that we need to do
so in a way that is balanced with other needs and programs.

Nursie already spaced out. Need help, grounding.

Temper fry...

LHA / WMD