Old June 29th 04, 05:28 AM
Jim Hampton

Hello, Dan

True enough, but the fact is that the problem is the screwball folks that
get their jollies writing the darn things in the first place.

Yes, I.E. is a major problem - mostly because it is popular and your
comparison with cars and trucks makes sense.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'm having fits getting my dial-up to work
properly and still have the DSL.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"Dan" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:25:36 GMT, "Jim Hampton"
wrote:

If everyone changed to Linux, you can bet the virus and worm writers

would
be writing most of the stuff for Unix systems.

Indeed. This whole notion of "everyone should switch so all of these
problems go away" is naieve at best, plain stupid at worst.

It's like looking at stats for fuel usage of passenger cars and
trucks, noting that cars make up most of the usage of gas, and trucks
use a small percentage, then saying "Gee, we should all start driving
trucks to save gas"!

Hell-o!

Dan

Grundig S800, S650, S700, YB400, YB550PE
Degen DE1102, Kaito KA1102
Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

---