Old June 30th 04, 09:56 PM
Len Over 21

In article , "Jim Hampton"
writes:

The purpose was, obviously, to let eveyone know what we knew in the first
place - BPL *will* cause interference. Whatever you may think, this will
also cause interference to low band VHF users as well. I shan't get into
who uses that.

BPL *will* cause an HF noise level increase of at least
10 db. NTIA say so. NTIA also say we can "afford that"
because BPL be super-service broadband and W say
broadband good for country. Hooray for Republicans!

I'm not sure if the Access BPL signals WILL affect VHF
hammers. NTIA wasn't measuring there much, were they?

Let's face it, as Dan remarked, BPL is going to HAVE to
be fought "piece by piece" like the Cedar Rapids IA ham
club did. It's also nice if a major radio corporation
division is also in the city. :-) [Collins Radio]

Big article in L.A. Times business section today about
Mike Powell's plans. He not say direct but large speculation
is that Mikey will go off to big pay in corporate world. He
being dangled worm on gold-plated hook. Meanwhile, THE
Chairman of FCC is off on another rural America trip to see
"firsthand" how good BPL is in hinterlands. Whoopee.

I can only see BPL as already there and waiting. Big, Big
BIG antenna for noise-making on HF. Those who say
nothing, do nothing can kiss their S (meter) units goodbye.
You all deserve what you root for by not saying anything.
Enjoy.