Old July 1st 04, 02:59 AM

Chris wrote:

Every time another IE hole is discovered, the **** heads say things
like "It isn't the browser; it's the user," and then they go right on
using IE. Now the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) has joined
the chorus of people which includes places like TechTV and has said
that IE is just plain insecure. See

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun25.html,

and be sure to read all of the way to the bottom of the article.

It's not that I care about the **** heads themselves, it's that they
allow themselves to be compromised, and then the rest of us have to
pay for it in some way.

Are you getting too much spam? Blame the infected **** heads whose
computers are acting as spam relays.

Is your ISP putting restrictions on email that really hurt? Blame the
infected **** heads again for overloading your ISP's servers or
networks.

So I just want to say "**** you!" to the ignorant IE and OE users who
defend their use of that hole-ridden, abominable software beyond
reason. YOU are one of the major problems with today's Internet.

Sometimes people don't have a choice. For example, my employer will allow
only IE on company computers. I had put Mozilla on my company PC and got my
hands slapped. Sometimes I use OE to sendmail from my laptop but never use
it to receive mail. Most of the time I use Linux on my personal computers.

The real problems are that we have a lot of non-technical people using the
Internet that obviously don't know what they are doing and they don't think
that Internet security is their responsibility. Another problem is all the
crappy program code that is being written without any regard to providing
security to prevent such things as buffer overflow exploits of their code.
As for tracking down the spammers and black hat hackers, good luck.
Ultimately, though, we'll only be able to reduce the amount of security
problems and we'll never be able to eliminate them. There's just too many
jerks out there that don't have anything better to do with their time.