Old February 19th 04, 06:41 PM
Jim Kelley

Cecil Moore wrote:

Jim Kelley wrote:
We don't talk about alternating current flowing in only one direction or
another. That would be silly. It's something I've only seen you do.

How about a reference? _Alternating_Current_Circuits_, by Kerchner and
Corcoran, 3rd edition, page 97. It is an AC circuit. There is an arrow
labeled 'I' for the current. The arrow exists in only one direction.
We know the current is not flowing in only one direction in an AC circuit
but the 'I' arrow assigns a convention reference for direction of the AC
current flow. In the accompanying diagram, that 'I' is assigned a value
of I at zero deg. The source voltage is also an arrow labeled 'V' which
points in only one direction. So whadda mean "we" white man?

Ya gotta be kidding, Cecil. Do you really not know that the arrow
simply indicates the direction of positive current flow?

Yikes.

73, Jim AC6XG