Old February 19th 04, 07:16 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
I agree. Cecil doesn't. Perhaps you missed the post where he took
issue with the term.

Looks like you missed that post, Jim. I have never taken issue
with skin effect.

Even his notion of an alternating current standing wave having a net
"direction" in which current flows?

Please stop misrepresenting what I posted, Jim. The AC current
in standing waves possesses an instantaneous direction of current
flow which reverses every 1/2 cycle (or 1/2 WL). I have made no
assertions about waves, only about dQ/dt, which is current involving
electron charge carriers. A positive dQ/dt is generally considered
to be flowing toward the load. A negative dQ/dt is generally
considered to be flowing toward the source.

It's pretty sad to have to resort to misrepresentations to try to
save face. You still don't seem to comprehend the difference between
photons (waves) and electrons (charge carriers). Accelerated electrons
launch photon waves but are themselves not much affected by that action.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP