Old July 5th 04, 11:43 AM
Steve Robeson K4CAP

Subject: WIRING question ?
From: "Mark"
Date: 7/4/2004 2:12 PM Central Standard Time

The guys over in the Dodge truck group will probably not appreciate
it that you are calling them "pretty darn stupid," just because you think
you know more because you are a ham radio operator

My Amateur Radio licensure has nothing to do with it.

I was a CBer long before I was an Amateur. CB rules forbade external
amplifiers before I was an Amateur, and they still forbid them today.

Part 95 (CB regulations...NOT Amateur) say so.

If he's using an RF amplifier for CB, he IS pretty darn stupid. Last I
checked the fines can be as much as $8000 per day per violation if the FCC
really wanted to be ugly about it.

It really is THAT simple.

Steve, K4YZ