Old July 9th 04, 04:37 PM
Mike Coslo

Lumushahs wrote:
From: "D. Stussy"

In the clubs I belong to, one must either possess a valid amateur radio

license

I have been to several clubs, and they have never required a licence to be a
member. If they requred one, they don't enforce it.

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Nathan C Young wrote:

If I have a commercial license and work in broadcasting, would
I still be allowed to attend a ham radio club meeting? Would I be
accepted as a fellow radio brother?

Yes, but you would have to call yourself a "ham", not a "radio brother". If you
would like to refer to yourself as a piece of meat, that's your preference.

In my opinion, if you enjoy radio as a hobby, you need not identify with the
historical or cultural reference to the word "ham". If you came from outside
that context, but also enjoy radio, you should not call yourself a "ham". Most
likely, you have came from outside the context, so the terminology of the word
"ham" would not apply to you.

Now you gave me a headache wading through that one, Vipul! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA - happy to be a Ham!