Old February 19th 04, 11:28 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Len" wrote in message
Gerry,

102 Feet is plenty for an 80 meter windom. This will give excellent
performance on all bands, only require a tuner on 10 Mhz., and the rigs
tuner will work fine, and it will blow away any G5RV antenna on any band.
They are also more rugged than a G5RV.

My favorite was made by Fritzel, if you can find one.

Since they are 120 feet long, just hang the extra vertically at the ends
with a small weight attached so the wind does not tangle it.

Also, the off center feed usually works out better for most installations
becuase most of us are not lucky enough to have our shack directly under

the
antenna - although some cartoons stereotype us that way!

You will not be dissapointed.

73,
Len
WT6G
Do not reply to

If your refering the the Fritzel FD4 windom....I hate to differ. I used one
in Germany and it sucked.

Dan/W4NTI