Old July 9th 04, 08:18 PM
Dee D. Flint

"D. Stussy" wrote in message
g...
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Nathan C Young wrote:
If I have a commercial license and work in broadcasting, would
I still be allowed to attend a ham radio club meeting? Would I be
accepted as a fellow radio brother?

It will depend on the club and their bylaws.

In the clubs I belong to, one must either possess a valid amateur radio

license
or, for one of them, be an immediate family member of a licensee (usually

spouse or child) who is himself a member, in order to be a MEMBER of the

club.
Unlicensed guests of all sorts are welcome to attend meetings and such for

the
purpose of deciding if they want to get a license.

In our club, anyone with an interest in the subject of amateur radio can be
a member, licensed or not. We have at least two unlicensed club members who
come to the club meetings regularly for the sake of the presentations we
have at each meeting.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE